Sunday, February 05, 2006

absorb

The hills in front of me cause great appreciation. The variety in the waves and folds, subtle layers of stratification make their face behind what looks like a green blanket covering the ridges. This spotted forest appears as if clouds are hanging high casting their superior shadow, but the sky is clear. The hills look as smooth as frosting applied with a steady hand to be appreciated by the inheritor.

I see endless directions my feet could traverse, every angle would provide a unique experience, but a similar thread would weave throughout every adventure. Although nature brings unique experiences in every location, it is constant. The wind blows the same without considering who it is drafting upon; the cool breeze that tickles my face takes me to a place of contentment.

Explore. Discover.. Rest... Absorb... This is a natural progression. Like the budding of a flower; a sequence needs to occur in order for true beauty to be revealed. I believe this is my favorite thing: to first explore and to find a place away from civilization, something that I trick myself into believing I have seen before any other eye, to sit and allow that treasure to soak in and bring peace. I experience God through his creation; I see his face all around. His glory is shown. Drinking this in brings peace to my emotions like a tonic.

If I were to travel around the circumference of the base of this range, I would see it's different angles, different faces, different shadows, but I choose to sit. It is odd to find a place of true silence, not in the sense that my ears are free from vibrations of waves, but manufactured noise by human power is ceaseless. Now all I hear are the chirps of far away birds; this noise reminds me of spring when the Blue Jays would start their call declaring that the death has passed and life is at hand . A bug just flew by.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home