Wednesday, March 08, 2006

ride

Class got out at its typical time. It was different when I stepped outside strapping my bike helmet. The sun was still out. It surprised me with its presence, and brought joy to my spirit. The clouds overlaying the sun's trail were soft, like a watercolor painting with hues blending in and out to make a masterpiece. The tones were somewhat muted and gentle.

My mile ride home goes by quick. It's mostly downhill which felt cold against my exposed toes. As spring is on the horizon, I am reminded of new life that comes. The joys the sun brings fills my memory. Days are longer, the sun beats down stronger, the beauties of seasons. You don't know what you have till it's gone. Then when it comes back, you appreciate it all the more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home